ENGLAND LAW OFFICE, Ltd. was incorporated in Minnesota in April 2009 and continues to provide for all of your legal needs. Once you are a client, we have a relationship into the future...I hope that you will continue to use my legal services and refer others just like you!
I am a Qualified Neutral (under Rule 114) and am now offering a full range of Mediation and Parenting Time Expediting for Civil and Family Cases. For a civil, cost-effective divorce, or help resolving parenting time disputes, please Call for more information...651-345-LAW1 (345-5291)
In life, sometimes there is Conflict, Disagreement, and Misunderstanding.
I am committed to providing Practical & Realistic Legal Advice that is Respectful of You and Others.
I have established relationships with colleagues Court Systems Professionals, and other Professionals to assist you and meet all of your legal needs. I can connect you with other professionals in other disciplines to provide you Full Service for your needs.
I am licensed to Practice Law in the State of Minnesota and primarily serve the Counties of Goodhue, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona. I have and will continue to serve clients in Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, & Ramsey Counties.
I am educated!
After six years in Retail Management, I returned to Law School as a working adult and earned my Doctorate Degree in Law at Hamline University. I was a first year Student Bar Representative and active in Women's Legal Caucus. I am a proud "Cobber"! While at Concordia College in Moorhead, I was the Student Life Commissioner and Served on the Homecoming Committee as Publicity Chair. I was an International Student Host, and taught Norwegian to 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. I am on the Alumni Board for my High School. I am also my High School Class Representative and chaired our 20-Year Reunion held in 2006 and our 25-Year Reunion to be held in August. My former employment includes grading nation-wide standardized tests.
I am a volunteer!
Since moving to Lake City, I have been involved in the community. I was appointed and served on the Florence Township Planning Commission. I was extremely involved with Lake City's Grand Excursion event in July 2004. I demonstrated my ability to work extremely well with others, with the common goal of showcasing our community to guests from all over the world. I served on the Villa Maria Board and am the VFW Auxiliary Senior-Vice. For several years now I have been involved as a Judge and Chairperson for the "Patriot's Pen" & "Voice of Democracy" programs through the VFW for our local students. I was the First District Chief of Staff for two years, and Chaired the District's "Outstanding Young Volunteer of the Year" contest, awarding the winners at Loyalty Days this past May. I have mentored Lake City students by being involved with the VFW/Auxiliary Junior Unit, and have had local high school students as "job shadows" in my work. I have had the opportunity to observe first-hand the written and oral skills of our Lake City youth, and I have served as a local Judge and presenter of awards given by the local VFW & Auxiliary.
I am a demonstrated leader!
I work very well with others and have managed up to 150 employees. I have taught countless others how to complete tasks, organize, and manage. I have established relationships within the legal community, the VFW/Auxiliary, the City Council, Chamber of Commerce, Tourism Bureau, Religious and Civic Organizations, Young Professionals, and the Business Community. I know how to get my hands dirty and dig in to get a job done. I lead by example and am willing to roll up my sleeves to tackle the difficult tasks and ask the difficult questions. I am thoughtful and level-headed. I am reasonable. I enjoy lively discussions and value others who are able to persuade with sound argument and reasoning. I am progressive and forward-thinking.
As an attorney, I serve the citizens of this community as an ethical and common-sense advocate. I serve this entire community by serving as the City Attorney for the City of Lake City. I handle the prosecutions for the City of Lake City and have a private practice primarily in Family Law. I understand the needs of children and families in these counties! I serve on the Minnesota State Bar Association Rules of Professional Conduct Committee and the Insurance For Members Committee. I also served on the MSBA Sesquicentennial Committee.
I am a teacher!
I help to educate others about the legal system. I have been part of various training sessions for the Lake City Police Department including updates in Criminal Law and "review" sessions in report writing and probable cause. I educate Boards and Commissions, as functions of City Government, Staff and Elected Officials about their roles and responsibilities.
I am excited to serve on the School Board! I believe that literacy and fundamentals are the foundation for our youth to be prepared for life! Communication skills are key for building self-confidence, and our youth NEED excellent reading comprehension, writing, and mathematical skills in order to communicate well with others and succeed in any profession they choose!
I am so happy that I was elected and serve the citizens of our School District! I commit and promise to serve to the best of my ability, come to each and every meeting prepared, give each issue my full-attention, and ask some of the difficult questions that need to be asked.
I will be respectful of others. I will examine expenditures and be accountable for my positions.
I will use all of my skills and abilities to continue to improve the quality of education in ISD #813!
Areas of Practice
- Dissolution of a Marriage
- Child Custody
- Property Division
- Estate Planning
- Health Care Directives
- Power of Attorney
- Parenting Time
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1999
- Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Communications, Business Administration
- Lake City Graphic
- The Concordian (College Newspaper)
- Minneapolis Star & Tribune
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2001 to Present
- MSBA Insurance, Committee Member, 2007 to Present
- MSBA Professional Conduct, Committee Member, 2007 to Present
- MSBA Sesquicentennial Committee, 2007 to 2010
- New Lawyers Section, Member, 2001 to Present
- Criminal Justice Committee (Wabasha County), Member, 2004 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Gartner England & Associates, Ltd., Private Practice Attorney, 2004 to 2009
- Thomas-Lowther Law Office, Attorney, 2002 to 2004
- Winstein Kavensky & Wallace, Student Internship, 1998 to 1999
- The England Agency, Minnetonka, MN, 1994 to 1998
- Bachman's Floral & Gift Center, Plymouth, MN, Associate Manager, 1999 to 2001
- Moorhead & Minnetonka, MN & Grand Forks, ND, Assistant Manager, 1990 to 1994
- ConnCo Shoes, St. Louis Park, MN, Assistant Manager, 1983 to 1987
- Advising the Mayor, City Council, & City Staff in Legal Matters, 2004 to 2013
- Training of Police Department Officers & Staff, 2004 to 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney, Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, 2002 to Present
- Mock Trial Judge (College & High School Levels), 1998 to Present
- Board of Trustees Member, Villa Maria, 2008 to 2010
- High School Alumni Class Agent (Class of 1986) & Alumni Board (Appointed), 2006 to Present
- Board of Trustees Member (Elected), "Lake City Votes" Candidate’s Forums – Moderator 2006 Elections & Chairperson 2004 Elections, 2004 to 2005
- Silent Auction Chairperson, Cancer Relay For Life, 2004 to 2005
- Chamber of Commerce Member, 1994 to 1999
- Chamber of Commerce Member, 2002 to 2007
- Finance Director (Elected), Celebrate River Community & Lake City Grand Excursion, 2003 to Present
- Planning Commission Member – Florence Township (Appointed), 2002 to 2004
- Board of Trustees Member & Secretary to the Board, United Methodist Church, 2002 to 2004
- Women's Leadership Conferences, 2004 to 2004
- Women's Leadership Conferences, 2003 to 2003
- Women's Leadership Conferences, 1998 to 1998
- College Republicans – Concordia College, 1986 to 1990
- Local Auxiliary Senior-Vice (Elected), Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2007 to Present
- Local Auxiliary Junior-Vice (Elected), Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2004 to 2011
- Chairperson, Patriot's Pen and Voice of Democracy, Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2004 to 2010
- Chairperson & Cadence Caller, Local Auxiliary Color Guard, Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2005 to 2008
- Chief of Staff, First District (for the State of Minnesota), Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2006 to 2008
- Chairperson, First District (for the State of Minnesota) Poppy Promotions, Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2005 to 2008
- Chaplain (Elected), First District (for the State of Minnesota), Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2004 to 2005
- Mentor, Junior Girls Unit, 2002 to Present